Monday, June 7, 2010

Home Sweet Oxford.

It’s finally done! Katty, Anna, Marilyn, and I were able to move into our condo in Oxford. Isn’t it great? I spent the weekend there with Anna and Marilyn moving furniture, washing dishes, and DECORATING--my favorite. It was the perfect preview of the year to come. It will be different, but it will be good.

...and of course, we expect LOTS of visitors, get-togethers, reunions, porch sitting, and the like.


Here are a few pictures of the downstairs. Due to the fact that our rooms are still small disasters, I’ll have to save those pictures for later!

I’m loving the big kitchen. Marilyn is a great cook--I’m hoping she’ll teach me a few things!
((for the record, I don’t cook. my goal for the year is to change that))

I love the big couch in our living room. It’s deep and comfortable-PERFECT for football game guests (hint hint). And our breakfast room table is perfectly placed, sitting right in between the kitchen and the living room.
ie) watch the today show while eating breakfast.

The windows in the dining room are actually beautiful french doors that lead to our front porch. I just love the sunshine coming in. We have used these doors more than the front door!

This room is one of my favorites. The picture just doesn’t do it justice. It’s bright, cheery, and a perfect room for movies. Marilyn and I watched 3 yesterday. Yes, three movies. Nothing like a day for lazy.


And my most favorite part?


the back porch.

This morning, I sat out here and drank my coffee and did my devotional. And as I looked around and took in the moment--the chirping birds, the cool breeze, and the smell of summertime, I knew that this would be the part of the house I would end up loving the most. You know why?

Because...
this is where the boys will grill out and the girls will drink red wine. It’s where we will laugh and entertain and munch on chips and salsa.

this is where my roommates and I will sit and talk for hours
.........it’s where we’ll take our visiting friends to sit and catch up and talk about jobs, marriage, and of course, the good times we had in college.

I’ll laugh, cry, and try to solve the world’s problems over coffee on my back porch. I’ll blog, write in my journal, read a good book, and talk to God..

This is where I will spend my FINAL year in Oxford.
this will be my place.
..our place.

Always,
Mg

No comments:

Post a Comment