Thursday, May 27, 2010

and it's all for you..


I wish I could put my heart into words-how it weeps, how it sings, with both nostalgia and excitement for all the memories to be made.


Post-grad working towards a Master’s. Moving back to the place that, for the past four years, has embraced myself and all the precious people who have laughed with me, cried with me, prayed with me, loved me on the days I deserve it the least. The past few weeks have been met with an overwhelming sadness that has masked the hope and joy for all that is to come. But at this moment, looking ahead, knowing that our Oxford will never be the same, I can’t help but squeal with excitement. Because we’re at the cusp of something so wonderful, and we get to be a part of each other’s story. How sweet.


So here goes, I’m doing something I swore to myself I would never do. I’m putting my heart and my thoughts and my dreams, along with any other random happenstance I decide to share, on the line so that all can see. Only for all of you, of course, because if we’re going to do this crazy thing called life outside the confines of Oxford, Mississippi, we’re doing it together. Period.


Always,

Mg




No comments:

Post a Comment